Supporting language and literacy development following early childhood trauma:
This 1 hour webinar is for early childhood teachers, educators and other community support workers. It will be of interest to those who recognise and care about the long-term effect of their work with children aged 0-5. The webinar may also be of interest to parents.
This is a recorded version of the live webinar. You can watch it online straight away.
A 15% discount is offered for registrations of three or more people in a single purchase.
* What is relational trauma, why it is so prevalent, what it does to children, and why it’s often missed.
* What the research shows about the effects of relational trauma on language and subsequent literacy development.
* The essential things young children need from adults to help restore their language and literacy capabilities following relational trauma.
* What are the characteristics of play that best nurture language development for children whose relationships have been disrupted.
* Four simple steps for designing play-based activities, programs and curriculum that is language-immersive (and EYLF-linked).
15% group discount for three or more people
Your registration fee includes:
- Immediate access to the recorded webinar session for 90 days.
- All notes and overheads used in the webinar
- A range of additional resources including videos and links for more in-depth information
- A certificate of completion
Also included is a free gift of two activity plans for early childhood programs so you can use the information straight away in your service.
A webinar is a workshop or seminar that you can watch online, on your own computer, from the comfort of your own home or workplace.
When you register for the webinar, you will receive immediate access to the recorded video, resources and free gifts. You can access this material for 90 days following purchase.
The price of the webinar is intended per person and includes a Certificate of Participation (issued on request).
If you wish your team to access the webinar, please register the number of people who will be watching and a group discount (for three or more people) of 15% will be applied automatically. This way we can offer a certificate for every person who accesses the material.
To access this webinar you will need access to:
- A computer (preferably desktop, mobile devices are not ideal)
- Speakers or headphones
- A reliable internet connection with reasonable speed